Monday, April 04, 2005

The Concept Sink

I’d just like to start off by saying I think it’s a great thing you people are doing. Of all the areas that are represented in our everyday lives, I feel that you have really got a great core group of thinkers there trying to make life easier for us all. Being an aficionado myself, I have a handful of ideas that may help your cause.
The industrialization of the kitchen and bathroom was wildly popular in the early to mid-nineties, mostly due to the highly entertaining and revolutionary designs of Tim Taylor from Home Improvement. The “man’s bathroom” and “man’s kitchen” respectively changed the way we look at these family common rooms.
Obviously, there are few things sleeker or sexier than stainless steel. I cannot even begin to argue that. I can, however, move to have new materials implemented into these designs that will give an even greater modern twist to a tried and true modern concept. My concept sink looks like this; acetate. You heard me.... acetate. Acetate is the way of the future, my friends. Not only is it easily manufactured from discarded garbage bags, it’s also see-through!
Imagine trying to wash your dishes in a new acetate concept sink, when the unthinkable happens.... “Uh oh! Sink’s clogged!” you bellow. With my new design, clogs would be a problem of the past. The clear acetate plumbing would eliminate the frustration that so often accompanies a well placed hairball in your elbow joint.
If you are indeed interested in my idea, feel free to contact me via e-mail at dpurchas@connect.carleton.ca. I am more than willing to disclose further features of my Concept Sink, and I have several more ideas up my sleeve.
Dan.Concepts.Inc.

6 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY EVERYONE

This isn't really related but I thought I'd send a little message to let you all know that I did the impossible today: got kicked out of a University chem tutorial...AHAHAH. I AM AMAZING. Not only did I get kicked out, I wasn't allowed to write my Quarterly Exam. DON'T WORRY THOUGH, I pulled some strings and obviously used some charm to weasel my way into writing it anyway. HOHOHO. So, just thought I'd share that.

Saddles.Concepts.Inc

 
At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the F Erin!? You're presented with the acetate sink, what may be one of the greatest inventions since Jesus, and all you can talk about is how you got kicked out of your tutorial/exam? Don't worry Erin, I'm just kidding. I especially liked the part of your story where you said you had to sleep with your professor so you could write a make-up but you wanted to make sure he liked it so you practiced with a some homeless people first. Sorry Erin. Again, I'm just joking and I'm sure you don't sleep with homeless people.

Anyways, with regards to the acetate sink: truly innovative. I think toilets should also be converted to acetate, although clogs would be considerably more disgusting than normal. I also enjoyed the Home Improvement reference.

Ross.Concepts.Inc

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about a sink that shoots up instead of down? It could sit in the middle of a bowl and any wasted water would simply fall into the bowl where it could drain. One could be very creative and decorate their fancy new sink or have it spray out in elegant ways. This might be the type of sink you could display in your living room or in a community park.

Trevor.Concepts.Inc

 
At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

 
At 1:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home