Sunday, March 27, 2005

London Meeting Debriefing

The March 19-21 meeting in London was a great success! Thank you to Lorcan who hosted the meeting and Ian, Lisa, Trevor and Glen who were able to attend despite prior engagements. Lorcan’s underground meeting room was the perfect location for discussing business and catching up on recent concepts.
Thank you to Lisa who organized the gathering as well as the Saturday board discussion which was relocated at the last minute to her sisters’ home and hot tub. Some of the issues which arose were:
1. How can we encourage better attendance?
We realized that there was less notice this time and the distance was quite far for some people, or that some members had made arrangements for the weekend of the last meeting. An idea was to have different ‘chapters’ in different regions (Ottawa Chapter, Kingston Chapter, Central Ontario Chapter, Western Ontario Chapter), but that may detract from having the full board meetings at all when it would be easier just to see the people closest to them. Also, we do realize that money is getting tighter, and without current funding, transportation is less accessible.
2. There is a general lack of concepts on the Concepts.Inc website
Going back to the regional chapters concept, if there are smaller groups of Concepts.Inc, it may be easier to meet the other board members to discuss possible concepts. These ideas could then be recorded and published on the website.At the March meeting we did not set a date for the next meeting, but we would be interested in hearing when others feel a good time would be, or who can hold it. Thanks again to everyone who could make it to the last meeting and we can’t wait to see the entire board at the next one.
Trevor.Concepts.Inc.








4 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I was unable to attend the meeting in London. But from the sounds of things it looks like a good time was had by all. Excellent work on discussing current issues and possibilties of soluitons for Concepts.Inc. members. I agree that the website is quite underutilized and I have promised myself that I will start posting more Concepts...so I ask that you join me in this event!

Keep on Rockin in the Free World!


Scott.Concepts.Inc

 
At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the meeting in London was a triumphant success and my deepest apologies for my absence. I found the issues discussed to be both relevant and incisive. I agree with those at the meeting who noted the lack of concepts on the Concepts.Inc website.
This is unlikley due to any lack of concepts, but rather a lack of typing them up and posting them. I will most definitely try to use the site more and, like Scott, I'd encourage others to do the same. As someone once said,

"Umm, I'm not really sure who your real father is." - Ross' Mom

Ross.Concepts.Inc

 
At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sad I couldn't make the London meeting. You all know I jump at the chance to be in the company of my favourite people, that weekend was full of conflicts. Next time...I will make up for it. As for concepts, I agree the website is lacking and I would contribute but you guys would probably tear any concepts I had to shreads...I can't compete with your brainbusting thoughts. And any good intentions I have (ahem letter to you all in Ottawa) usually turn into opportunities for you all to rip me apart. Don't worry though, I feel honoured that you waste your time making fun of me. I MISS YOU GUYS! HAPPY BDAY PETE!

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

shit...I guess it should have been more like this


Saddles.Concepts.Inc

I am retarded

 

Post a Comment

<< Home